Gratuities

Antares antares@EURONET.NL
Thu, 04 Mar 1999 20:07:41 +0100

 I have no idea what chutney IS let alone what to do with it.

>Just wondering...  What are some of the other items, (other than $$)
>that some other techs on the list have received??
>
>Rob Goodale, RPT

Rob,

Chutney is a spicy side dish from India, it adds flavour to the foods and
thus makes it more interesting.
It can be made of various fruits and is made hot and spicy with either curry
or hot peppers.
It is yummy! there are many kinds of chutney, but the most common are mango
chutney and pickle and lime chutney.
Go to India some day and you will discover another marvellous kitchen!

The usual gifts I received were mostly expensive bottles of wine or very
good chocolates. plus of course, money.
I remember a few times when the owners were so happy that they spontaneously
embraced me followed by a warm kiss..... wow! was I lucky that those
customers were real females! One time however (I tuned for a recording) the
pianist was a notorious gay. After one of the recording sessions there was a
tuning break and afterwards he returned to the instrument.
I was sitting with the recording engineers and through the loudspeaker we
heard him exclaim " OHHHH!! Antares! WOWWW!!! it is SO beautiful! I wanna
kiss you EVERYWHERE!!!
The engineers both said OOPS! and glanced at me in a very peculiar way...if
you know what I mean.....

I have many more spicy stories, but for today this is "hot" enough......
Someone might get wrong ideas (about recording sessions)

Antares