Octave Stretch in other Lands

Lawsonic Pianoforte Services lawsonic@global.co.za
Fri, 5 Mar 1999 21:59:36 +0200

> Mike, All of the tuners I know in the UK use perfect octaves all the way
> up, natural stretch.
>
> Barrie,

And down, when I came in to the IRC #pianotech chat (this morining my time)
there was a bit on bass tuning. Jonathan (not sure who you are) was talking
about minor 3rd and 6ths I was saying about use or 10ths, decreasing in
speed, then using 15ths also. This I learned in UK, is this used by aural
tuners elsewhere?

Brian

> In article <36DFF097.776@cmich.edu>, Michael Jorgensen
> <Michael.Jorgensen@cmich.edu> writes
> >i all,
> >     Does anybody know how much octave stretch the best tuners in other
> >parts of the world are using.  I checked a Clavinova the other day with
> >an RCT and found the stretch to be very low, i.e mostly 2:1 in treble.
> >The temperament sounds like a copy of a real tuning complete with
> >idiocynracies. They also faithfully copied the same transient nature of
> >the pitch through prompt sound and after sound typical of all pianos.
> >-Mike Jorgensen
>

> --
>
> Barrie Heaton                                  |  Be Environmentally
Friendly