Sharp leveling

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Sat, 06 Mar 1999 14:04:43 -0800

Hi Jerry,
         Most of the points re dip, and after touch have been covered by
other post's. One thing to bear in mind,if the keys have been recovered
at some time, and changed from ivory to plastic, the plastic is about
0.030" thicker.  If the keys have not been milled to compensate for the
difference you will have this problem.
Secondly, some manufacturers spec their sharps to be slightly higher
than the naturals.
As a rough rule of thumb key height on an old upright will be very
close, if the front of the key that is above the keyslip forms a square.
This was done by most manufacturers for cosmetic reasons.
Hope this helps
Roger