Harmonic Distortion / Overdriving strings?? Noise Question???

Mark Bolsius markbolsius@optusnet.com.au
Sun, 07 Mar 1999 16:36:50 +1100

Brian,
I'm with Ed on this one. The sound you describe really does indicate to me
the surface of the hammer is not matched to the strings. The solution to
this is well described in Rick Baldassin's booklet on Voicing the Renner
Hammer. Get in touch with Renner USA  ph 203 -221 7500 for a copy. I think
it may also be mentioned in the PACE articles in the Journal....... maybe
the one on hammer filing.

Once hammer contact with the strings is under control, then you can
investigate the voicing. I firmly believe in getting rid of as much rubbish
in the sound as possible before getting into the hammers with needles.

Enjoy the experience
Mark Bolsius