Harmonic Distortion / Overdriving strings?? Noise Question???

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Sun, 7 Mar 1999 10:43:40 -0600 (CST)

At 09:46 AM 3/7/99 -0500, you wrote:
>I'm betting that Ed is right, but if not, try this:
>
>Crawl under the piano and have an assistant strike the offending note(s).
>While the notes are being struck, place firm pressure with your hand at
>various points on the soundboard.  There is a chance that you will locate a
>point on the board, that with a little pressure, will eliminate the
>offending sound.  If so, try a wedge between the ribs and soundboard or a
>cork between the plate and soundboard in that location.  In effect you will
>have changed impedance but, more importantly, you will have solved your
>problem.
>
>Frank Weston

Hi Frank,
If it works, put me down for a few tons of corks. This is a nearly universal
phenomenon and I could use the easy income. Also, where can we get some
universal fit, quick-install posts to prop up the corks so we can fix all
those Kimballs too?

 Ron