5-minute pitchraise

J Patrick Draine draine@mediaone.net
Sun, 7 Mar 1999 13:45:58 -0500

Dear List:
While I agree that if you're working for a dealer or doing alot of
institutional work, a 5 minute or 15 minute pitchraise may be a worthy (and
necessary) goal, as a technician working primarily in my customers' homes I
am NOT ASHAMED to admit that up to 45 minutes of an average service call
may be put into the pitchraise process (25-100cents) before a final
(usually 3rd) pass over the tuning.
If there were enough hours in the day for me to go work out at the gym
every day (in addition to all the other important things that I never get
around to doing on a regular basis) I might make "super fast" pitchraising
a personal goal, but I've had enough experience with tendonitis, bursitis,
and other tendon-joint-muscle unpeasantries to conclude that it is very
important (for ME) to work at a comfortable pace, in order to achieve
accuracy and satisfaction in my work.
And have some fun, too!
Patrick