Three's a crowd , off topic(was:Multiple pianos and pitchraising

Jon Page jpage@capecod.net
Sun, 07 Mar 1999 18:32:23 -0500

At 03:25 PM 3/7/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Jim,
>This reminds me of one reason why there are three strings on most pianos in
>the treble.
>The rule of three. One player is always in tune with themselves, two
>players seldom are, while three players sound like they may be in tune.
>Joe Goss
>Always on the level and now well traveled.

Hat's off to Jim & son's valiant efforts.

Joe's comment reminded me of an expression from my high school days when
my employer (after school) used to say: If you hire one boy, you get a boy. If
you
hire two boys, you get half a boy. If you hire three boys, you get no boy at
all.

:-)

Happy Birthday Newton

Jon Page