warning! long. Multiple pianos and pitchraising

Jon Page jpage@capecod.net
Sun, 07 Mar 1999 20:01:21 -0500

John,
You are being taken advantage of.  I revert back to JC's remarks:

> I do not think that situations like this should exist. Those who plan
>and these gala affairs should plan time for the tuners. Those who
>rent tune for these affairs should plan ahead and work their plan.
>A technician has every right to walk away from being involved in a
>pressure attack like this.

>On the other hand, there may be times in your future where you may be
>called upon to rescue the perishing and care for the dying. If you are a
>compulsive rescuer and find satisfaction in this, you may also find
>some direction from this article in how to approach the situation.

You need help for this situation. If the school district is skimping then
they should not endeavor to promote these functions.

As their technician you _should_ insist  on help. You WILL need it ! ! !

You could just hire a few friends and bill the school and pay them
when the check comes in.  What difference should it make to the
school _how_ many tuners were working as long as the job is done.
Unless you are Superman's brother you can not handle this load.

You have been contracted to perform this job, so subcontract.
The power of authority is to delegate responsibility.
Do not impale yourself on your sword of valiant efforts.

Get help,

Jon Page
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass. (jpage@capecod.net)