Fitting Teflon Bushings

barre46@ibm.net barre46@ibm.net
Mon, 08 Mar 1999 01:16:14 -0600

Hi Del,

The only instruction I have received about teflon bushings was in a class by Fred
Drashe, (Spelling probably wrong). He liked them too and mentioned converting his
personal piano to teflon. In his class he stressed the importance of both sides being
of equal friction but I don't recall him mentioning fitting the bushing to the hole.
That certainly makes sense. It does seem however that the reamers you had made are
quite expensive. My question is, do you think that the straight reamers available from
Steinway are not good enough for this procedure or were they not available when you
got yours?

Norman Barrett
Memphis, TN