Custom Tunings in TuneLab

Doug Richards Doug.Richards@quantum.com
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 16:52:57 -0800

Bob,
This is great news!  I'll make some measurements and send them off.

By the way,  I just tried out David Porritt's method last week.  The results
were far more pleasing to the ear than my previous attempts using Measure
Inharmonicity and then Graphically manipulate the curves.  I'm sure when I
sit down and review his outline to how I had done it, my error in the
graphical approach should jump out at me.  While tuning, I thought my
approach was pretty close but my ears didn't agree.

BTW, my system crashed again a few months ago and I lost my registration
number.  If you could send it to me again, I'd appreciate it!  If it's much
of a bother, don't worry about it...

Regards,

doug richards
San Jose, CA