redhead and the Yamaha

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Fri, 12 Mar 1999 16:57:12 EST

Ok,
I wrote:
>> Mistakes can be made and triumphs be savored.  I had one this morning,
>> involving a redhead and a Yamaha,..

      The redhead is a country music singer, and I was tuning the piano for a
songwriter that had a writing date with her later today.  He also had a case
of writer's block, which I didn't know about.   I proposed that I make a
slight change in his temperament, and use a Victorian style tuning on the
piano,(hey, it's a nice day, why not?).  He went for it.  As I was going
through, I played a big G chord in the middle of the piano, and he came in and
said,  "That's me, right there!,  I don't know what you are doing, but that is
what I've been looking for".
    When finished, he took off on it.  He was incredulous at how  the sounds
that he had been imagining were all of a sudden, right there!  He is sold and
told me to leave the top up,  he was going to spend the rest of the morning
playing, since he had never heard his Yamaha sound so good.
   Oh,  the redhead?   She will be cutting her next album shortly, and if we
get a 19th century tuning on a country hit,  this list will be the first to
know.
Regards,
Ed Foote