CA glue for Bridges?

BSimon1234@AOL.COM BSimon1234@AOL.COM
Sat, 13 Mar 1999 14:09:05 EST

Dear Mr. Blees:

Please do not take this personally, but if you based your recommendation to
use CA glue to attach bridges because you once did one that way,  I think that
fact is relevant.

This list is read by literally hundreds of technicians across the globe and
some may have presumed your statement as soundly based, and that this is now
the correct way to do it!

You do inadvertantly muddy the waters when you say;

<<when the situation calls for it, I will do a "proper" repair. What we have
been discussing are repairs to pianos that don't warrant extensive repairs. >>

Because of the archives, ten years in the future technicians might seize on
your advice without the benefit of understanding the tenor of the thread.
Even now I wonder as to whether this was a “Good” piano and you did a “Good”
repair, or a “mediocre” piano and you did a middlin’ repair , or a “junk”
piano and you did a schlock repair! Do you remember which it was?

In the future it would sure help me if you indicate something like  “this is a
very poor piano and I did a schlock repair” when you give advice.

Decades ago it was not very unusual for me to see that excellent repairs had
been made in a poor piano. I know it is extremely rare to see that now.

Respectfully,

Bill Simon
Phoenix