instability

Ed Carwithen musicman@eoni.com
Sat, 13 Mar 1999 10:47:46 -0800

Three weeks ago I wrote the list about a Baldwin spinet that had been
placed in front of a heater duct.  The piano was WILDLY unstable.  I had
the owner move the piano to another part of the room, but tuning was still
erratic.  Notes would go out 15 cents, after tuning up only several notes
higher.

Went back this am.  piano was much happier in new location, tuned with no
problem.  It was about 7c sharp when I started, but responded well.

Thanks to all who responded.  I have to conclude that the problem was
entirely due to being placed in front of the heater duct.  It was amazing
that it affected it that much.

Ed Carwithen
John Day