broken agraffe

David ilvedson ilvey@jps.net
Sat, 13 Mar 1999 22:10:48 -0800

Richard,

In the future be sure to leave the EZ out as a last resort!  Take
an old screwdriver, diameter/blade slightly smaller than the
agraffe stem.  Use a file to make a  <  shape to the blade, that
is two points not a point.  Attach a vice-grip to the blade and
tap the handle as you back out the agraffe.  Most of the time
this will do the job.  If that doesn't do it I would drill and try the
EZ out and if that fails then drill out the agraffe (carefully) until
you can peel out the remaining brass threads.

David Ilvedson, RPT