What does "Steinway Training" consist of ?

Antares antares@EURONET.NL
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 00:17:33 +0100

>I've heard of this, but frankly, I don't know what it means. Do techs learn to
>rebuild Steinway pianos? Do they learn service techniques ? Voicing procedures
>? Regulation?
>
>Does one have to work for a Steinway Dealer to go through this training?
>
>Thanks in advance for the reply,
>
>Richard Galassini

Hi, I have been to Steinway Hamburg for one Month.
They offer a one Month "general" training during which one receives general
training in regulation, dampers, voicing, hammer gluing and action assembly.

As far as I know, it is very hard to get a place, and usually only a
Steinway dealer may send one or more techs to Hamburg.
There is always a waiting list .

Good luck!
Antares