peroxide

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Sun, 14 Mar 1999 18:42:03 -0600 (CST)

>Ron, I'm not a chemist. Nor do I play one on this list. However, if I
>remember Chemistry 101a and b (okay, same class -- I was sick a lot the
>first time around), one of the 2's gets killed off when exposed to... um,
>air, or light, or, well, when exposed. That leaves only H20. Supposedly,
>that's why it's packaged in an earth-toned bottle. Ever had any go "bad"
>before you used it? I have. I bought some on sale once at a 'dollar' store.
>I later found out why it was on sale. I was once told you could drink it
>afterwards. I don't remember, remember, recall, I forget whether I actually
>tried it as a beverage or not, or not, or not.
>
>Overall, I think of H202 as being less intrusive than Cl, CCl4, or some of
>the other nasty stuff we deal with on a regular, regular, regular basis.
>
>I wonder if I did taste-drive that stuff?
>

>Jim Harvey, RPT

Now cut that out! (wheeze, snort)
That was probably about the time I was heavily into physics, specializing in
the dynamic interaction of 2.125" diameter spherical bodies and refining the
lovely five rail. I missed most of that class altogether, but it does seem
to me that it was on the crib - er, study guide.

 Ron