Piano Sales Forces...

Jay Mercier jaymercier@hotmail.com
Sun, 14 Mar 1999 19:05:40 PST

I feel the same way toward a local dealer here in West Central MN.
He hires salesmen who know absolutely nothing about pianos but know how
to convince people to purchase pianos.  In fact I was in the store
recently and the salesman tilts his head toward a Samick baby grand and
says "Now that's a nice piano heh?"

The dealer is in piano sales strictly for the money, and I have a
problem with that.

He sells YC and Samick because that's what people can afford around here
( which is fine, he's servicing the area). But he also sells trade-ins
with cracked pinblocks, soundboards, you name it.  He also does as
little tuning and prep work as possible.  He makes it seem that this
procedure is "normal" and people buy into it.

It's hard to keep my mouth shut when a client asks about that dealer,
but I do.

Jay Mercier
Piano Tech.
Glenwood, MN