Piano Sales Forces...Retail Partnership?

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Tue, 16 Mar 1999 20:22:01 EST

In a message dated 3/16/99 6:18:33 PM !!!First Boot!!!, Bdshull@AOL.COM
writes:

<< Also:  What are your feelings about the idea of a general partnership in a
 retail piano business?  I know sometime back a Journal article addressed this
 issue relating to the piano service business, but what about the piano retail
 side?  Two techs, or a tech and a piano retail background person?

 Bill Shull >>

A partnership is a great idea, if both of you can agree on the terms of the
partnership. However, I learned the hard way, that if you don't enter into a
partnership the right way, you'll be sorry down the road.

It might sound negative, but like some marriages these days, the first thing
you want to work out in a partnership is not how to divide the income your
going to make, but how to divide the property when you break up.

No partnership will last forever. Even if it lasts a "life time," there will
come a time when the partnership will have to be dissolved. Therefore, when
you enter into a partnership agreement, make sure you have a partnership
disillusionment plan worked out. Trust me, you'll be glad you did.

Willem