orchestra "shell"

Christopher D. Purdy purdy@oak.cats.ohiou.edu
Wed, 17 Mar 1999 10:29:40 -0500

at our large auditorium we have what the stage hands refer to as the
"orchestra shell".  these are large partitions that can set up behind the
orch. to help project sound.  i have been wondering about using something
like this only on a smaller scale in our recital hall.  i have considered
looking into those office partitions they make the cubicles out of.  maybe
something carpeted on one side and hard on the other so we could adjust
them to change acoustics.

does anyone out there have any experience doing this?  i would appriciate
hearing any do's or don'ts you may have learned.

thanx,
chris

-Christopher D. Purdy R.P.T.   School of Music  Ohio University  Athens OH

-purdy@oak.cats.ohiou.edu   (740) 593-1656    fax# (740) 593-1429