Pressure Ridges

IgorKatz2U@AOL.COM IgorKatz2U@AOL.COM
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 00:46:12 EST

I have a customer with a brand new Young Chang PG 150.  It has a nice big
pressure ridge running the length of the sound board.  From what I have read,
this will eventually turn into a nice big crack since the wood is crushed in
this area.  I haven't officially taken a humidity reading, but the environment
doesn't seem bad.  The piano isn't sitting in the sun or between two heat
vents.  The temperature doesn't seem excessive one way or the other.  Should
this be grounds for replacement by the manufacturer?  What are some of your
opinions in this matter?

David Porter
St. Louis, MO