piano tuners are 126

Barrie Heaton Piano@forte.airtime.co.uk
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 19:19:41 +0000

In article <36F23B6B.7833@erols.com>, Carl Root <rootfamily@erols.com>
writes
>he still thinks the average 'piano tuner and repairer'
>still makes $43K!  Seems he got much of his information from a Bureau of
>Labor Statistics publication, so I worked with them to correct a few
>misperceptions.  They were quite receptive.  I have not seen the most
>recent edition of 'Job Rated Almanac', but I'm not expecting many
>changes.

Hi Carl,

Just out of curiosity what is the average piano tuner repairer turn over
in the US.

I did one for the UK in 1992 it was for Blind/PS piano tuners who did
repairs as well as tuning but not rebuilding, the adv was £20,000.00 pa.
The adv price for tuning then was £25.00 the adv price is now  £35.00.

Barrie,

--

Barrie Heaton                                  |  Be Environmentally Friendly
The UK Piano Page                              |