August Forester - drop problems

cal munson calmunson@ameritech.net
Sun, 21 Mar 1999 12:03:24 -0500

I am looking for some advice on what to do with an August Forester (7') whose
drop screw is all the way up but drop is still 1/8" or more below let-off? The
knuckles are a little flat so I have purchased a set of Tokiwa knuckles to
replace. After comparing the old with the new I'm having second thoughts and
so will experiment by replacing one in the middle section. (if truth be told I
can't get the first knuckle off which is the main reason I'm looking for some
help. Is solvent normally used?)

Thanks,
Cal Munson
Ann Arbor, MI