piano tuners are 126

Mark Bolsius markbolsius@optusnet.com.au
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 18:20:45 +1100

Frank Cahill wrote:

What does a working spouse have to do with living in a small town?
Seems to me, that folks living in big EXPENSIVE cities would be more
likely to need two incomes.

In my area, we have the highest percentage of two income families in the
country. Two reasons for this (IMHO):

1. It's so expensive you need a high income to survive.

2. Most people are very career oriented, and what people do for a living
is often the basis of how they are veiwed (or respected) by others.

Yes, your job sure beats the heck out of working at Wal Mart...bet it
pays better to.
--

Frank Cahill
Associate Member, Piano Technicians Guild

Frank,
Living in a small town often means there's not enough work to do earn a
living!
Sure, living in a city costs more, and we have to do alot of work to pay
those costs, but at least we have the population base to support our
business. The work is there to do, and so are the people who can afford to
get the work done. Rural areas have always had it tough getting piano
service for these very reasons.

I have often looked hard at living in a rural area for lifestyle reasons,
but each time have not pursued the idea due to the lack of  work and the
quality of what little work that is there....mostly PSO's with the
occassional ray of sunshine! I put up with the city so that I can have the
more frequent ray of sunshine and only the occassional PSO.

Don't be too hard on our rural dwelling list member (sorry I don't have her
name in front of me). Or her working partner for that matter. His income
probably makes the same difference your working partner does.

Mark (earning half our living) Bolsius