Chickering 123

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 21:40:21 EST

In a message dated 3/22/99 9:13:23 PM, Jack wrote:

<< I think you will find that your Chickering
is a 6ft. 3in. or there about,  not a 5ft.8in.
The scale 123 is a totally different piano
from the 123 -A-B-orC.>>

Jack;
 Darn I hate it when you are right!!!    Just measured it and it is 6'4"
without the top in place. Sure looks smaller though.

<<"The latter scales are great pianos.">>
 So what is considered a "latter scale"??  This was made in 1911.

  Also Jack, the plate has a large crescent shaped form where the plate curves
back toward the hitch pins, beginning at the end of the top treble and going
until the middle of the tenor section. The extreme measurements on this shape
are 27 " long and 7.5" wide. and there are only 7 plate bolts, 4 in the treble
and three in the bass with two nose bolts up front.

Whatcha think?
Jim Bryant (FL)