steinway square piano

Christopher D. Purdy purdy@oak.cats.ohiou.edu
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 15:12:09 -0500

>Good morning everybody,
>
>I am searching for a steinway square piano 7 or 7 1/4 octaves. I have
>been told of one in the USA from 1860, some broken strings, pegboard
>sound, otherwise normal condition for 30 years neglect.
>
>Can anybody give me a ball-park number as to what such an instrument
>would be worth and what shipping to Europe would cost.
>
>Alternatively does anyone know of one for sale?
>
>many thanks in advance for any help or information you can give me.
>
>nic carthy
>

>honigdachs@gmx.at

nic,

i have a steinway square grand that i would consider selling.  it has 82
notes and is in decent condition.  i would like to get about $1,000.00 for
it but i would negotiate.

i am not familiar with shipping pianos overseas so i cannot begin to guess
what that would cost.  where will it be shipped too?

chris

-Christopher D. Purdy R.P.T.   School of Music  Ohio University  Athens OH

-purdy@oak.cats.ohiou.edu   (740) 593-1656    fax# (740) 593-1429