Proper Approach? - CA pinblock repairs

Clyde Hollinger cedel@redrose.net
Fri, 26 Mar 1999 07:14:08 -0500

While we're on the subject--
Have any of you tried applying CA water-thin glue to loose tuning pins
in a vertical _without_ laying it on its back?  I have a piano that has
about eight loose pins, all in a line as you would expect.  Someone told
me at the PA PTG state convention that by working carefully I could
apply CA where the tuning pin and plate bushing meet, and it will wick
right in.  Anyone try this?  Did it work OK?

About Garfield's -- I think I remember that the last time I used it
(years ago) it was clear!  :-)  But the bushings turn darker as they
soak up the stuff, and they stay that way.

Clyde Hollinger (glad it's Friday)