Damper Configurations

Vince Mrykalo Vince@byu.edu
Fri, 26 Mar 1999 09:01:41 -0700

Not to beat this one to death, but how about analyzing the scale to determine
when to change from all tri's to tri's/flats, to flats?  That is, see where
the
tension maybe begins to decrease; or at the note that changes to the next
lighter wire diameter, to help you determine when to make your change in
damper
felt.

At 11:54 PM 3/25/99 -0600, you wrote:

>The only other criteria I've come up with is to try to
>position the transitions between double trichords, trichord and pad, and two
>pad configurations to try to blend the damping efficiency up through the
>treble so there isn't a big difference in damping rate (I almost said
>"leakage") at the transitions. That would mean, mostly, not taking the
>trichords too high,

> Ron

Vince
<mailto:vince@byu.edu>
Visit the web page for the Pacific Northwest Conference at:
<www.pnwpianoconf.com>