Glue on SoJin action parts

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sat, 27 Mar 1999 09:31:49 EST

In a message dated 3/26/99 6:40:52 PM Central Standard Time,
ronli@newnorth.net writes:

<< Worked on a nice sounding Sogin  this mourning with hammer heads, jack
 flanges and soundboard glue joints failing.

 Clinet lives on a lake in Northern Wi. 70/o F. 28% R.H.3/26/99

 6-8 years since last tuning.

 Piano 8-10 yrs.old?

 Anyone know what kind of glue they used?  Chips off real easy on the hammer
 shank  with a knief (sp).

 Tightened all action screws, everything keeps falling apart.

 Use CA glue on everything???  Sugestions?

I use CA glue in an emergency, or for one or two glue problems. In this case I
would take the action out of the piano, and reglue everything with either hide
glue, if you have that, or wood glue. I wouldn't worry about what they used at
the factory, What ever it was, it isn't working.

Willem