Painting Sharps

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Sat, 27 Mar 1999 09:20:49 -0600 (CST)

Larry,

   I'm sending a compilation of related posts from 1996-97 privately. It's
longer than I should put on the list.

Avery

>Does anyone have a suggestion for blackening sharps without going through a
>long sanding process? Obviously I never painted sharps before.  I have a
>bottle of APSCO Keyblack that I just opened for the first time and it is about
>1.5 to 2 years old and it is like paste. Is it supposed to be like this, only
>in need of alcohol to thin it? It is advertised as a quick drying easy
>application kind of stain. Is it supposed to be easy? (no sanding).  I also
>read somewhere that Ditzler Automotive paint is good to use but does anyone
>know the process for this kind of paint?  It's probably lacer.  I'm not too
>knowledgeable of painting products and I have some spare keys to experiment
>with if there are some suggestions to explore.  Thanks in advance for your
>help.
>
>Larry Trischetta, NE PA Chapter
>Scranton, PA

Avery Todd, RPT                        Experience is something you don't
Moores School of Music                 get until just after you need it.
University of Houston
Houston, TX 77204-4893
713-743-3226
http://www.music.uh.edu/