Painting Sharps

btrout@desupernet.net btrout@desupernet.net
Sat, 27 Mar 1999 15:01:25 -0500

Hi Larry,

You got some pretty good advice here already, but I'll throw out my 2 cents worth.

If the sharps are in pretty good shape overall, (not all beat up) but just need
some finish on them, what we do is to clean then well, and spray them with a can
of Krylon satin black. Maybe 3 or 4 coats?.  They usually come out very nice.  The
only thing we've had a little trouble with is when we didn't clean them, there
would sometimes be 'fish eyes' in the finish.  Not a great big deal to most
people, but the surface doesn't get as flat and smooth.

That's on the wooden sharps.  On the plastic ones, we sometimes will run them over
the buffing wheel, but that's another story...

Good luck,

Brian Trout
Quarryville, Pa.