super glue battle

RptBob1@AOL.COM RptBob1@AOL.COM
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 16:34:31 EST

In a message dated 3/29/99 1:56:52 PM Eastern Standard Time, JPIESIK@arinc.com
writes:

<<
      "I knew there was a good reason I refused to listen to any of you guys
      using CA glue on pin blocks.  And oil?  The only place for oil is a
      salad.  Only solution is a new pin block and restringing."

Paul and John:       >>
Hmmm.  So Paul is the expert now and all the persons saving some really awful
pianos with CA instead of replacing the pinblock are wrong.  Strange reasoning
and logic here.  I presume this implies that you would spend your customers
dollars on almost worthless pieces of junk  that could only be saved by
installing new pinblocks or some other expensive repairs.  A piano worth
$200.00 and then "improved" to hold a tuning with $800-$1200 worth of
rebuilding will still probably be worth $200.  That same piano, with$10.00 of
CA plus cost of application will probably now hold a tuning-and the customer
will still have his/her $200. piano but will not have thrown  lots of cash at
an expensive repair.  I would guess that the number of Technicians using this
effective, but not expensive repair, numbers in the hundreds. And we are
growing daily.

Bob Bergantino, RPT