super glue battle

JPIESIK JPIESIK@arinc.com
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 15:05 -0500

Hi Bob,

Actually, you miss-quoted me. Paul wrote what you quote below - I didn't write
that.

I do tend to agree with Paul, however, that pinblock treatments are merely
bandaids to a larger problem. In a previous post I said that I would prefer that
people have "music" over "no music" (in other words, in some rare instances,
drastic measures may be warranted to save an otherwise sad piano). But, more
often than not, we should be encouraging new piano sales by condemning untunable
PSOs when appropriate. We shouldn't be afraid to offer our professional opinions
and nudge people to replace with new, good-quality pianos when it is obvious
that it's time. Also, I would never condone spending high dollars on "worthless
pieces of junk" (your words). I'd rather see that PSO replaced, and then, maybe,
I wouldn't have to see it again. It's all a matter of what level of excellence
you're willing to strive for - I avoid working on $200 pianos no matter how much
I'm being paid.

And Bob, I don't think any of us are claiming to be the expert on this subject,
either. As I learned long ago when I got into this wonderful business, and
understand much better today: There are many ways to skin a cat! It's obvious we
have differing opinions, but hey, without different opinions this List would be
no fun.

Having Fun in the Sun,

John Piesik, RPT
Oceanside, CA