Protek on Strings

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 11:59:59 EST

John writes:
>How effective/safe is ProTek on the
>bearing points? How 'bout the coil? How 'bout the underfelt? I've been
>tempted
>many times, but just haven't yet made the leap.

Greetings,
  I don't know about the coil, but four or so drops on the underfelt makes all
the difference in the world on those pianos that feel like they tune by
"notches".   I use a syringe.  Pro-tek has made some nightmare pianos as
simple to tune as any other.  I have used it for five years and have seen no
evidence of it migrating or damaging anything.
Regards,
Ed Foote