How to find help?

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sat, 1 May 1999 09:40:52 EDT

In a message dated 5/1/99 4:01:15 AM !!!First Boot!!!, btrout@desupernet.net
writes:

<< My question is:  How could I put the word out that if there's anyone who
may be interested, that he/she should get in touch with _____ ?  I'm not at
all in control of the 'hiring and firing', but I feel quite certain that a
good candidate would be welcomed warmly.  My employer has enough things on
his mind that it's not likely he'd actively advertise for help.  Should I
just keep my mouth shut??, or could a well said few words be worthwhile?

 Any ideas out there?

 Brian Trout >>

If your boss doesn't want to advertise that he needs someone, how will any
one know there is a job? While there might not be too many fully qualified
technicians looking for work, every one of them started somewhere. The
concept of OJT is not a bad one. Aren't there some new faces coming to the
meetings, people who are showing an interest in becoming a piano technicians,
but haven't got the experience or the knowledge to start out on their own? I
just hired a young lady who wants to become a tuner/technician, but has very
little experience. I think she will work out, because she wants to learn.
Yes, it will take some time to train her, but I think it will be to both of
our benefit in the long run. She can start doing some of the simpler things,
things that I am now doing myself, or paying a more qualified person to do.
And before long, she will doing the more complicated tasks, and pull her own
weight.

If there is that much work to do, hiring another person will, in the long
run, be more profitable for the company.

Willem Blees