Tightening coils on sloppy restringing

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sun, 2 May 1999 19:12:15 EDT

I am not advocating, or defending a sloppy stringing job, but here's
something I want to throw out of disucssion.

I was told once that the way a string is coiled around a pin has no effect on
the tuning stability of that string. This does NOT include a loose becket, or
untight coil. I am talking about wires that cross over each other. Anideas on
this?

The other aspect of this post is the coils against the plate. Again, it is
not a good way to do it, but what is the effect of a coil down on a the plate?

Wim