hammered Foote

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Mon, 3 May 1999 22:24:58 EDT

Ed;
  I have been using either Renner Light or Abel Light on this size piano and
am pleased with the results on each occasion.
 The Renner light tends to be a softer hammer than the Abel light, but 'both'
voice up or down very easily and do what you expect them to do :-)  Also the
Renner Light 'tends' to be just a wee tad heavier than the Abel light, but
not enough to present any weight reduction problems after
shaping/tapering/coving operations are completed.
 I think that either will serve you well as I have used several sets of each
and find that the only significant difference in quality is that the Abel
comes pre-filed and the Renner comes with the usual cupped face.
  I recently delivered a G2 that I installed Abel Lights on, and It was a
very nice sound, rich and round at pp and fully bloomed at ff.
 Jim Bryant (FL)