??: Shellack Flakes

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Wed, 05 May 1999 12:57:07 +0200

lianqii wrote:

> Alcohol or denatured alcohol.
>
> Baoli Liu

I have to assume its methylated alcohol. I have a few aquantainces that swear
by this as a hammer hardener because, they say, it is easy to needle, and has
similiar "break down" charachteristics to hammer felt. I have never used it as
I dont like the discoloring to the hammer felt. But it works well enough. Any
harpiks resin actually can be used I suppose. I have heard a few pianos voiced
up by one of these fellows, and the result is nice enough. Tho I have never
heard it tried on a really great piano.

Richard Brekne