Hoffman piano

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Wed, 05 May 1999 15:57:35 +0200

Frank Weston wrote:

> Has anyone ever heard of a Hoffman?  The particular Hoffman I have in mind
> is about 10 years old, a 6' 4" grand, and is reputed to have been made in
> Germany by the same company that makes Bechstein.  I've got suspicions that
> it was made in Korea by the same company that makes Samick.  Anyone?
>
> Frank Weston

Hoffman pianos were made I believe in the eastern part of Germany. Pretty
bright sounding buggers often resembling Zimmermans. (A bit on the dead zide).
I believe you are correct in that they are now made in Korea tho its been a
while since we've seen them here. I could be wrong but I dont think the
Bechstein group had any connection to them. We have a few of examples laying
around here in Bergen from before 1970. One grand. Cant say it impresses me as
haveing anything of "Bechstein" in it outside of a bright sound.

Richard Brekne