Petrof/Renner actions

Rolland Miller rsmiller1@mediaone.net
Wed, 05 May 1999 17:43:26 -0400

Hello list,
A while back I posted a question asking about what would be a  good
piano to purchase for our UM Church.  We are now seriously considering
the Petrof III 6' 4" grand as we can get a good price on it and I feel
it is a good piano for the money.  However, I'm conserned about the
action.  One dealer we are considering says that his Petrrof III piano
has a Renner action - parts made and assembled in Germany.  Another
dealer says that the Petrof III 6'4" normally comes with an action using
Renner parts but assembled by Petrof.  If we want a Renner action
assembled by Renner the model would be the Petrof IIIM, and would cost
another $4500.00.  That sounds way out of line to me.

Any one have any solid information about Petrof's and Renner actions
versus a Petrof action with Renner parts assembled by Petrof.

Thanks, Rolland Miller, Miller Piano Service, Noth Ridgeville, OH,
MPT/PTG/rpt