Petrof/Renner actions

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Wed, 5 May 1999 21:23:51 EDT

rsmiller1@mediaone.net writes:

<< Another
 dealer says that the Petrof III 6'4" normally comes with an action using
 Renner parts but assembled by Petrof.  If we want a Renner action
 assembled by Renner the model would be the Petrof IIIM, and would cost
 another $4500.00.  That sounds way out of line to me.

 Any one have any solid information about Petrof's and Renner actions
 versus a Petrof action with Renner parts assembled by Petrof.

 Thanks, Rolland Miller, Miller Piano Service, Noth Ridgeville, OH,
 MPT/PTG/rpt

>From what Alan Vincent (Tech Rep for Geneva Int. Importer for Petrof Pianos),
tells me, there is no good reason to pay another $4500 for the piano, unless
you are a purist, and have an extra $4500 to throw away. Why Petrof is doing
is anybody's guess. The III has Renner parts, assembled at the Petrof
factory. The IIIM has Renner parts, assembled at the Renner factory. I don't
think you will be making a mistake if you buy the Renner III.

Willem Blees
Petrof Dealer