The teacher's piano

Clyde Hollinger cedel@redrose.net
Thu, 06 May 1999 08:59:23 -0400

Jay,

I think I was actually objecting to teachers having inferior pianos
(piano-shaped objects) PLUS not keeping their pianos well maintained,
which I failed to state.  Isn't it likely that the progress of the
student can be helped or hindered by the quality of the teaching piano?

I was not aware that Baldwin made any Hamiltons that are consoles.  All
the ones I service are studios, and studios are in general of better
quality than the average console.

And, just in case you're wondering, I do not have an expensive piano.
We still have the 1965 Hobart M. Cable console we bought before we got
married 27 years ago, well before I knew anything about pianos.  I am
not a pianist or a piano teacher, so my choosing to trade it in on a
better quality piano or a grand would be largely symbolic.  :-)  Feel
free to respond.

Regards,
Clyde Hollinger