Shape of things to come?

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Thu, 06 May 1999 18:17:55 +0200

A440A@AOL.COM wrote:

> Greetings all,
>      Historical tuning warning!!!  The following topic has been known to
> raise heart-rates, voices, passions, stupidity, callousness, tender
> sensitivites, and all sorts of other emotional stakes, so if it seems like a
> dangerous direction,  best get off right now.
>
>      For the rest, I would hope this is a fascinating and delightful bit of
> information.

On a note of interest to those who have followed this post, there is a wealth of
information, tons of stuff at the following address

 http://www.rev.net/people/aloe/music/

Here you will find a mailing list for folks who are into non ET tunings, lots of
information about different types of temperaments, programs for aid in designing
your own, conversion tables, etc.etc. ad infinitum. An amazing store of
information really, and not so very little of this is of direct interest to ET
tuners.

Check it out. Don Roses 1400's  ET refers to the fact that guitars in Spain were
tuned equally tempered as early as that. All kinds of interesting stuff here.

Richard Brekne