C-A glue for pin blocks

Paul S. Larudee larudee@pacbell.net
Sat, 08 May 1999 18:23:03 -0700

BSimon1234@AOL.COM wrote:

> No. Just hit it with the CA and accellerator  where it is. Don't loosen it,
> don't take off the coil, etc.
>
> No - for just one pin slip a foot square sheet of alum foil above the action,
> below the area of the pin. You are only going to put on a few drops, less
> than one  cc.
>
> No. -Get a 1/2 or 1 oz. small bottle of the CA glue, put a capillary tip on
> it and apply with that.  You should see it flow around the bae of the pin.
> Don't apply forever. Give it a good sploosh, let it sit a minute, give it
> another good sploosh, applying only around the pin, not out onto the plate,
> not up onto the coil.  Let that soak in, then put a very tiny drop of
> accellerator at the base of the pin. You might see the residue of the CA glue
> "freeze" solid. I would leave it alone for several hours, a day or two is
> better, but it is possible that 10 minutes might also work.

Bill,

Sounds like the idea is not to address the looseness of the entire hole,
just to create a little more friction, mainly where the pin exits the
block.  Is that right?

If that is the case, I suppose high viscosity (red label) stuff would
not be the glue of choice.  My thought was that I would need the glue to
penetrate as deep and saturate the wood as much as possible.  From what
you're saying it sounds like that might be overkill and would create too
strong a bond.  Or would it be appropriate as long not too much is used?

Thanks.

Paul S. Larudee, RPT
Richmond, CA