Rendering, et al

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Sun, 9 May 1999 09:17:13 -0500 (CDT)

>Ron, we've had this happen in the past with rebuilt pianos also.
>
>The most likely culprit is poorly shaped agraffe holes.
>

>Ron E. Overs
>Sydney, Australia

Thanks Ron, Jim B, and Jim C, but why would just three agraffes out of the
set do this? The strings have a much longer contact surface to the counter
bearing bars than to the agraffe, yet seem to slide over them without any
detectable problem through the entire scale. I'm having a tough time
picturing how a very minute difference in the contact and contour of the
agraffe hole could cause this.
 Ron