Piano Rescaling

atonal@telusplanet.net atonal@telusplanet.net
Mon, 10 May 1999 13:34:00 -0600

Greetings list,

	I'm preparing to teach a convention course on Piano Scaling
and Scale Evaluation, and I'm looking for general information and
anecdotal evidence of rescaling, in shop, in home, etc. I'm trying to
get a 'real-world' perspective on rescaling, rather than just present
another bunch of formulas. (which I have enough info on already,
Sanderson, Roberts, Hayes/Travis) A while back, there was some
discussion of retrofitting Yamaha GH-1's with wound strings in the
lower tenor section, any stories along the line of improving
troublesome sections of piano through changing wire diameters or
repositioning bridges would be great. If you have data regarding the
piano, diameters, speaking lengths, hammer strike distance, and
wound string info, that would be great.

Please reply to me privately at atonal@telusplanet.net

Thanks,

Rob Kiddell RPT