Chickering grand

John M. Formsma jformsma@dixie-net.com
Tue, 11 May 1999 20:12:48 -0500

I have a friend who has a 1904 nine foot Chickering grand. She might be
interested in selling it to someone who does rebuilding. I have no real idea
of the market for that piano, so I told her that I'd ask the list.

I think that it has been restrung. The pin block has been doped and has
oversize pins. I don't know if the action has been worked on before. The
case looked to be in good shape although there is a faded spot on the lid
from the sunlight. (I couldn't see most of the piano because it was covered
up by music and other stuff :-) ) That's about all I know since I have not
tuned it for her yet.

So, how about it, rebuilding guys? Any ideas of its value and desirability
to rebuilders?

Thanks.

John Formsma