travel tape

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Wed, 12 May 1999 15:04:56 -0400

> I suppose I could get out the micrometer and go through the office trash.

This is always a good idea.

> how about a post or two (but not twenty!) on the paper thickness.

Too thick a paper makes fine traveling difficult.

Too thin makes for too many screw removals.

With the long wooden flanges (as on wooden rails) traveling is easy to
control by moving the tape further and further toward the centerpin to
get more effect.  On short flanges (Yamaha S&S) I cover just the key
side of the flange to get a small change.

The "LiK & StiK" tape I have used for years is 0.006" unliked.

		Newton