Schimmel Plate Torque Question ...Newton

Brian Trout btrout@desupernet.net
Wed, 12 May 1999 21:05:50 -0400

Hi Newton,

Kind of reminds me of an old Steinway B that came through our shop.  We were
trying to figure out how tight to make the bolt that goes through the plate
and down into the tone bell.   Talked to a guy at the factory.  He said, and
I quote, " Tighten it up 'till it's tight!"  I guess that pretty much says
it!

Brian Trout
Quarryville, Pa.