Rendering, an explanation...

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Thu, 13 May 1999 07:29:44 -0400

Dear List,

The inside of the hole of an agraffe is shaped like the inside of a
dough nut with an inside radius of 1/16".  Shaping it any other way
will cause termination problem.  This means that in manufacturing the
hole must be cut from both side.  An offset in the cutter jig can
cause termination problems.

You must have a special cutter to keep the shape intact.  With the
right tool shaping can be done without removing the agraffes.  Chris
Robinson had such cutter made from carbide by a local machinist in his
area.  Pianotek may have them availabe by now.  They did have some
that were of the wrong shape, a taper instead of a round over type of
cutter.

		Newton