Schimmel Plate Torque Question ...Newton

Joseph Alkana jfa19@IDT.NET
Thu, 13 May 1999 17:39:18 -0700

Brian Trout wrote:

> Hi Newton,
>
> Kind of reminds me of an old Steinway B that came through our shop.  We were
> trying to figure out how tight to make the bolt that goes through the plate
> and down into the tone bell.   Talked to a guy at the factory.  He said, and
> I quote, " Tighten it up 'till it's tight!"  I guess that pretty much says
> it!
>
> Brian Trout
> Quarryville, Pa.

Brian et al,

I got the same sort of answer from Mason & Hamlin regarding a loose tension
resonator thingie on a BB. Quote, " Get 'er good and tight but don't pull out
the inner rim!"

Joseph Alkana RPT